Monday, July 26, 2010

Westward Ho!


Hurry up and wait. The joys of travel. The statue in front of Hamilton's international airport is good Canadian humor.


It was a beautiful day to head West. I was impressed by WestJet's service right from the start: the ramp to access the plane is so much easier than stairs.


Unfortunately the weather in Calgary included rain and lightening. I am sitting in the airport now, happy that I am not in the air. I have a two-hour wait until the flight to Edmonton departs (I hope).


But I am amused by the aero-display. Children turn a crank and the planes fly in circles. Great fun. And there's free WIFI. Bonus!

2 comments:

  1. Funny how circumstances repeat themselves - I recall a L_O_N_G wait at Edmonton on our return trip to the UK many years ago...!
    If you get the opportunity whilst in Edmonton, please say a big 'hello' to Gail R. for us (if she's still around in those parts...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be a pleasure! I'll see what I can do!

    ReplyDelete