Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Garden Divine

I think that if ever a mortal heard the voice of God
it would be in a garden at the cool of the day.
F. Frankfort Moore, A Garden of Peace


I have always felt the numinous powers of birch trees. Jane Gifford writes in The Wisdom of Trees, "The birch promises new life and love, and is a potent symbol of purification and renewal, which focuses our attention on our potential for change and on the consideration of new directions and goals to be experienced in our lives." And so I sit under the boughs of the Triple White Birch and contemplate.


Below its boughs, stone spirits also seem reflective and radiate contentment.


While from above, the male House Finch remained as watchful of me as I was of him. I am enjoying all the avian visitors to my parents' garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment