Thursday, July 15, 2010

Details Over Tea


A modern Sennedjem: Younes Hussein Abdel Raheem, who will always be "El mudir" to me. Ploughman is not his job but he wanted to strike the pose.


The ploughs are, in fact, on contract and the ploughman took the care of his animals very seriously . . . although he did like to dance any time he thought the camera was pointed at him.


While the men took a short tea break, I was able to catch a detail of the ploughshare.


The donkey struck a pose with the "grader". (I'm unsure about its technical name.)

Friday morning UPDATE: A friend wrote, "When I was a kid they called it a 'float'. It would float over the newly seeded crop and flatten the soil into the furrows." So there we go. I learn something new every day! Thanks ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment