Sunday, July 11, 2010

Love on the Nile


Although the Time Traveller is in another temporal and spacial dimension, there is still lots of love on the Nile. There is the "Molly" boat and her motto, "Love For Ever".


And then there is the "Love" boat itself.


And then there is the old mate on the public ferry who sweeps up tissues with his palm fibre broom.

10P.M. UPDATE: A late afternoon walk into the village to buy eggs provided some interesting experiences.

The first of which was navigating around a flooded irrigation ditch. I had almost made it to the road where I flag down a service taxi (note asphalt at top of photo), but knew I would end up with feet (or worse) in the water hazard, so I turned around and returned to the road by another route.


Lucky I did, because I caught sight of an exquisite 'sweet pea' in full bloom.


Here is another mystery. This frilly pom-pom blossoms on a tall bush. It has nasty thorns protecting its fruit. If I learn what it is, I'll update the post; otherwise I'll just appreciate its complexity.


Walking back from the village, the vegetable seller passed. He calls out his produce over a megaphone. I prefer the bells of the "Dickie Dee" man. Do "Dickie Dee" men still exist?


Lastly, the Sun had almost set but in the waning light I saw a magnificent White Crane perched on top of a dead palm. Taking off she showed just how big, strong and elegant a bird she is. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment