Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Noble Beasts: Large and Small


My weekly trip to the laundry presser took me past the camels this morning. He/she struck a 'king of the jungle' pose.


Returning to pick up my laundry this afternoon, the donkey was singing the blues. He was quite happy until I showed up in his field.


And I spotted a third species of dragonfly. This fellow is more squat than the others and spent most of his time upside-down.


I'm not sure what this plant is growing on the banks of the canal but it is fascinating. It has the red blossoms and a column of prickly 'fruit' beneath the foliage. A neighbour came across from her house to see what I was doing and told me that it was not edible. When I said it was beautiful, she looked at me with some pity for my obvious mental health.

No comments:

Post a Comment