Sunday, July 25, 2010

Fellow Travellers on the Road


As I child, if my Dad drove along a tree-covered road I would sing, "Around the corner, and under a tree, Sargent Major is waiting for me." I have no idea from where that little ditty comes, but it and the country drives are fondly remembered. Perhaps my favorite road in my hometown is Beckett Drive.


I joined Mom for Sunday service in the church where the Time Traveller and I took our vows.


A new (for me) hymn struck a chord and reverberates in my being:
We are pilgrims on a journey,
fellow travellers on the road,
we are here to help each other walk the mile
and bear the load.

I will weep when you are weeping,
when you laugh I'll laugh with you,
I will share your joy and sorrow,
till we've seen this journey through.

No comments:

Post a Comment