Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Comfort of Friends

Friendship is a sheltering tree.
Samuel Taylor Coleridge


I am cosseted in the home of friends. Like ChinChin, I am purrfectly content. I spent the afternoon talking up a storm with a friend not seen in 12 years. The distance of time past melted away, as did the hours of the afternoon.


For some reason I find driftwood comforting. Perhaps because its character is polished by time and water. Although surely found in other places, for me it embodies the homeland.


I may be halfway across the globe but I was roused by a familiar 'whoosh' this morning. Here, however, the balloon sailed through pine trees rather than date palms.


Last night, as I drove the rental car away from the airport at 10PM, I had the spectacular view of a full Moon rising on the eastern horizon with the Sun's afterglow still lighting the western horizon. Alberta's expansive space opens one's mind and soul. Possibilities become limitless.

This evening's pleasure was witnessing day's end through pine branches. For the comfort of friends, I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment