Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cheerful Faces


The Sabah el-Kheir (Good Morning) flowers open their faces to the morning sun. They open, close, and are gone in a single day. I thought them quite cheery decorating the motorboat that I took across the river today.


These swallows remind me of musical notes. They usually dance a tango just above the sugar cane and corn fields and whip around so fast that I cannot follow them in the viewfinder.


I am not sure what this plant is. There is a lot of it growing in a field I walk through to reach the main road. For now, I will call it White Bells and I will watch it to see what it transforms itself into.

UPDATE Sunday, July 4th: Here are additional images of my mysterious "White Bells" plant. The flowers have a 'tongue', which is more visible in profile. The plants grow about a metre tall.




Then, along another path I came upon a field of rowed plants with a similar flower but the plants are shorter and the leaves are serrated and have multiple leaflets.

3 comments:

  1. our council is going to be Very angry when they find out Hamilton has been moved from Lake Ontario to Lake Erie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: The Unknown Plant - any chance of an image of the blossom from the front...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bet! I love commissions!

    ReplyDelete