Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Final June Reflections


As the last day of June drew to a close I was struck by how red the dates have become. It will soon be time for harvest and, by the looks of the trees near us, it will be an abundant yield.


I had to take a double look at this field. I blinked and the zucchini rows have gone, replaced by grass mowed by sheep. It must have been a couple of months ago that I photographed this field burnt and then replanted with bananas and zucchini. But I can't find the post! So much for this blog helping my memory.


A couple of these dragonflies hovered and flitted across the rocky path, reminding me of spaceships I'd seen in some Star Wars movie. The black spots on the wings looked like fur. I wish I knew more about dragonflies!


And finally the Sun set on the last day of June. Farewell. It was nice knowing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment