Sunday, June 13, 2010

When Life Gives You Lemons


My friendly lemon seller was stationed at the ferry dock with his wheelbarrow full of fruit yesterday. He's very good at 'up-selling' so I came home with quite a load.


So when life gives me lemons, I make Rich Lemon Muffins. Because I really like lemons, I topped the muffins with a lemon juice/icing sugar glaze.


I also made a jug of refreshing Egyptian Lemon Juice with Mint, following a link on Bernadette's "L is for Lemon Juice" post. She also provides a link to an interesting history of lemonade.


Thankfully even the discards are beautiful because I will have a mountain of squeezed lemon halves by the time I finish pressing the 70 from yesterday's purchase.

1 comment:

  1. I love lemons! I'm so happy we have a tree in the backyard except ours seem to be much larger and more yellow than the Egyptian variety. I'd love to get a Meyer Lemon tree as well. I think I'll have to try some of your recipes.

    -Stacey

    ReplyDelete