Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Market Day


I motivated myself out of bed and into the heat in order to buy some fresh veggies. At 9AM the heat wasn't so bad, although I don't know how this furry fellow felt. He seemed rather 'cool' and unperturbed about life.


Romaine seems to have vanished, but I can still buy good tomatoes, cucumbers and sweet peppers to make a baladi (country) salad -- think Greek but without feta and olives (sigh). I'm not sure why squash flooded today's market and, as you can see, many were past their 'best before' date. Squishy squash. :-(


Figs are beginning to appear in the market. I have my eye on these ones alongside our canal.


To reach home I walked along a narrow earthen berm through a flooding field. I thought this cattle egret was quite handsome as he struck a pose for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment