Saturday, June 19, 2010

Coping Strategy


I felt a little panicky seeing the weather forecast for the next week. I'll be facing 46C-heat (that's 115F!) in the shade for days. This is scary stuff. Food is my preferred coping strategy so ice cream comes to mind as the cure for heat fright.


Call it "gelato therapy". ;-) Just looking at these photos taken last summer in Italy cheers me up. Access to Luxor's only good ice cream (Movenpick) isn't practical in the dosages that I'm going to need, so I've done some research and found recipes for fig gelato, watermelon granita and lemon sorbet. With a coping strategy in place, I'm a happy camper.


I made the green melon 'ice cream' again, but this time with yogurt. Delicious! With just fruit, yogurt and half a cup of sugar I can medicate myself against the heat guilt-free. Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. how can you be guilt free with that much sugar?:-))

    ReplyDelete