Sunday, June 6, 2010

Leaping Lizards!


In truth, it wasn't lizards that were leaping when I went into the bathroom this morning, but rather my heart! The beautiful new vanity attracted two (!) geckos that I found starring up at me. I was embarrassed that I neglected to clean the bathtub last night before their visit! I like geckos, but not inside my home (they poop on the walls) and not near Cat (they make her very ill). I'm hoping they will find their own way out. Ugg. Welcome to a new day! One that's bound to be full of surprises!


Is this a mating dance or a 'circle the wagons' defense strategy? Since my two 'guests' were still in the tub an hour later I figured that they couldn't pull themselves up the sloping wall. I used a broom to bring them over the edge and left them to find their own way out of the bathroom. I realize now that a better plan would have been to capture them in a box while they were trapped and then free them outdoors. As it is, I cannot be certain that they have actually left the premises.


But I did leave. Beside our building I noticed that what I had thought was simple a pile of detritus at the side of the road is, in fact, a manger. A gamoosa (water buffalo) had the prime location under the lean-to.


Their guard must have had a busy night because she was fast asleep on top of the manger's roof, technically still on duty.


And here are rooftop kitties that guard my favourite cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment