Friday, June 18, 2010

100 Degree Sunset


Stepping out onto the balcony for my evening aperitif and sunset, I beat a hasty retreat back into the cool apartment. It was well over 40C out there. Nevertheless, the farmers were at work ploughing a field on the other side of the irrigation canal. I smiled at the contrast between this scene and a similar pose of boys hitching rides on the backs of cars on icy Canadian streets. There would be 130 degrees difference between the two venues. Isn't it amazing how the human body can adapt?


I am trying to find ways to keep Cat cool. An ice cube in her water dish provided an interesting distraction but it didn't encourage her to drink more. Then I hung a sheet fresh from the washing machine in the bedroom thinking she could lie in the cool cave created under the drying rack. Instead, she chose to lie on top. Manoeuvring herself across the rack only added to her fun. Needless to say, tomorrow I will be washing the sheet again. While the heat somewhat limits my adventures outside the flat, Cat is doing her best to keep me entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment