Saturday, March 27, 2010

To Town (and Back)


This evening I went across the river to do some grocery shopping, re-charge my mobile phone, and print some photos to give to the fellows at the palm furniture workshop. I found a Fuji store close to Luxor Temple. While waiting, I watched as 3 young women sitting at computers worked digital magic with people's wedding photos. Amazing how a couple photographed in a nondescript studio can be transported to a palace setting with the click of a mouse! And then all sorts of 'trinkets' could be added to the photo for glitz appeal. My simple images looked quite humdrum in comparison, but I was happy just to have them printed.

Walking to the public ferry to return home, I admired the floodlit temple. It is such an impressive edifice -- and I live within sight of it. Imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment