Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Catching Bees with Honey


My horoscope advised that I should be nice to authority figures today; specifically, "don't automatically fight with them" -- Moi?? I heeded the advice and was sweet and patient (and generous) from 10AM until 3PM when one-year residency visas were stamped in our passports. Most of that time was spent sitting on a narrow, slatted bench in the local government office (I still feel the imprint), but I had a book and met some nice folks in a similar predicament so the time passed relatively quickly. And I did recognize that the authority figure in question knew her job and that it was best just to follow her instructions. Success! Paradise is mine for another year!

1 comment:

  1. I'd like one of those stamped documents that officially state that "WORK IS NOT PERMITTED'. (But then go ahead and define work.)

    ReplyDelete