Wednesday, March 10, 2010

So, How Hot Is It?


Whew! It's hot! We're told to expect temperatures around 40C all week. It hit that yesterday and again today. That's over 100F! I've become a limp rag, accomplishing little. Our flat is equipped with air conditioners but the electrical current is too weak to run them. (Recall the photo of the dodgy wires leading to our building.) We can't believe we're experiencing these temperatures in March, when the temperature is normally about 25C (80F). We ask ourselves, "If it's this hot now, what is it going to be in June, July, and August? With just a trace of panic, the Time Traveller is frantically working to set up an evaporative cooler (known as a 'swamp cooler' in America's southern states) to cool the flat. Stay tuned for details.


My attempt to braid garlic earns an E for effort. I will let it hang outside for a few days because I have learned firsthand that freshly harvested garlic is rather fragrant.

1 comment:

  1. would I love some of the baked!!! oh my yes.
    your imagery is great and I am thoroughly enjoying it when I get a minute to read. pmc

    ReplyDelete