Thursday, March 18, 2010

From the Furnace into the Freezer


A fierce cold wind blew in from the North early this morning. It had me awake at 4am and out of bed by 5:30 when it became obvious that I would not be able to sleep. And it has continued to blow all day. With choppy waters crossing the Nile, I was glad to count 2 liferings for the 150-plus passengers on board the public ferry. I'm glad to have had those swimming lessons in my youth.


I needed to visit the 'big' city for essentials: tonic, espresso, and Raisin Bran. I also picked up some of our favourite soup. The grocery store stocks brands familar in NorthAm but we go for the 300gr blocks of "Sphinx" (in Arabic he is called "Abu Hol": Father of Terror) soap that follows the traditional lye formula with no perfumes or other additives. Great quality for about 10 cents.

6:30PM Update: I took my hot toddie up to the roof to watch God's closing credits for the day. The weatherfront contributed to a spectacular afterglow.

Day is done, gone the Sun,
From the lake, from the hills, from the sky;
All is well, safely rest;
God is nigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment