Saturday, February 6, 2010

Dreaming of Mosquito-Free Nights



It has been a busy day and Cat and I are looking forward to a good night's sleep. We are 4 for 4! All screen doors are now installed and for this I am truly thankful. No more will I wake to buzzing around my head. I thanked the carpenter profusely as he walked out the door and now I await the painter. Bokra insha'Allah.



I took a short break to meet our former cleaning man for lunch in the city. The ferry ride back and forth across the breezy Nile was refreshing, but I returned to a crisis. The workmen had, as feared, run out of sugar. Their tea/sugar deficiency had obviously weakened their spirits. I was able to brighten their sorrowful faces (I jest not) because I had remembered to buy two kilos during my outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment