Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Al-Qurna Souk



Tuesdays have become my favourite day of the week. The local vegetable market pulls in vendors and shoppers from miles around. The colours and activity are energizing. I returned home with my knapsack and shoulder bag loaded with spinach, romaine, eggs, strawberries, dates, potatoes, oranges, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, lemons, peanuts, and a cauliflower for less than $7.
I thank God for the bounty.



With so much happening, I can't limit myself to one photo for today. Cauliflower has become like candy to me after I learned to roast it with olive oil, salt, pepper and chunks of garlic, and then sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Hot or cold its yummy.



This pair of love birds were cuddled up with a young boy, who was sweetly petting their wings. Glimpses like this lift the spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment