Sunday, September 26, 2010

Wondrous World

This is God’s wondrous world, and to my listening ears
all nature sings, and round me rings the music of the spheres.
This is God’s wondrous world; I rest me in the thought of
rocks and trees, of skies and seas, God’s hand the wonders wrought.
Maltbie D. Babcock, 1901

Another favourite hymn from my childhood is "This is my Father's World". The United Church has changed the words slightly to be more inclusive of masculine/feminine perceptions of divinity. Both versions work for me.


"Wondrous" is certainly an appropriate adjective as Dad and I took in the autumn colours, sounds and scents during our walk along another section of the Rail Trail.


Vibrant Michaelmas daisies blossomed along the path.


I had fun photographing the old electrical poles and their insulators. Some have become one with the trees. Others were enveloped in vines. But each had a unique character. The clouds gathered and at times appeared to be carrying snow (brrrrr), but we had a wonderful time nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment