Friday, September 10, 2010

Hometown Downtown


For the first time in years, I boarded a local hometown bus and headed downtown. Now, I'm not at all adverse to public transportation. In fact, I'm all for it. It's just that I'm usually taking it in places like London, Paris, Florence, Rome, Cairo or Luxor, not in my own hometown. And the hometown system ranks right up there . . . at least in terms of buses.

I was headed into the bowels of government bureaucracy but I enjoyed re-visiting downtown's focal point, Gore Park.


This is a football-proud town so I wasn't surprised at all to see a supplement to the park's central fountain. After days of rain and gray skies, the Sun was finally shining so this falling water was appreciated.


And Her Majesty reigned over all with dignity and a stiff upper lip -- a gift to the city from her loyal female souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment