Tuesday, August 3, 2010

In the Wilderness

Sunday, August 1, 2010
You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself.
Alan Alda


Once again, the day began with a big breakfast and good conversation. Fully nourished we headed out for a walk through the woods and along the creek, breathing in fresh Alberta air. The wilderness refreshed our souls and opened our eyes to the future positive.


I was amazed by the variations in colour of the Indian Paintbrush (Castilleja) flowers.


Also known as Prairie Fire, the flowers can be added to salads but I gobbled up their beauty in numerous photos.


The Tiger Moths were also plentiful and seemingly hard at work collecting pollen.


Following moose prints along the creek we found wild raspberries. Oh, the flavour! What a treat!

1 comment:

  1. What you call Indian Paint Brushes is different than what I call Indian Paint Brushes, smiles, though I only know to call them that because that's what my sainted grandmother named them. I haven't seen them in like forever as they used to grow in wild abundance in my grandmother's fields but now I want to go on a search to see if I can find them again. Beautiful photos of plants and butterfly. Good eyes!

    ReplyDelete