Thursday, April 15, 2010

Nothing and Then Some


Books in 3 days! Life has definitely improved! A friend recommended "The Mistress of Nothing" and when I bemoaned the fact that it would take 3 months to get here via Amazon she recommended that I order it through Kotob Khan, a bookshop in Cairo. Two emails later, the book was delivered to me at Oasis Cafe as I sat with my cappuccino. What a life! I'm looking forward to reading this novel based on the diary of Lady Duff Gordon, who lived in Egypt in the 1860s. But the author takes the maid's perspective. hmmmm.


Luxor's streets glow at night. The Time Traveller and I passed by his shirt-maker to see if his order was ready. Bokra, insha'Allah.


Perhaps because I no longer take electrical power for granted, I am intrigued by other peoples' house connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment