Monday, April 26, 2010

Luxor Commerce


I went off to the city today to buy a few things to help organize the kitchen. There is a two-storey plastic store that has almost anything you could want -- as long as it is made of plastic.


The Time Traveller joined me and I got caught in his timeless vortex. Six hours later I returned home with my plastic bins and a few groceries. Wandering through back streets we happened upon a shirt tailor. Of course we stopped to investigate.


Then we browsed in the city's biggest appliance store to check out new refrigerators. And just when I think we can transport ourselves home we meet a young Japanese fellow who is travelling around the world on a Honda 750cc. Amazingly, he has travelled through Siberia, across Europe to Spain, around the African continent and is now making his way North towards Istanbul before continuing the journey westwards. His adventure has kindled some wunderlust deep within me. I'm sure to dream of trains, planes and buses (and probably Italian vineyards) tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment