Monday, April 12, 2010

Attraversare


Attraversare: (Ital.) to cross to the other side. The word resonates with Elizabeth Gilbert during her year abroad, crossing an emotional abyss in Eat, Pray, Love. The word has stuck with me.


I, too, take pleasure in my passages across the Nile. It is the voyage that enthrals; not the arrival.


Considering that three ferry boats make the crossing almost continuously during daylight hours and that each boat carries more than 100 people, thousands of souls attraversano every day.


It certainly is a beautiful journey.

2 comments:

  1. ... just for a moment (brief or long as those may be) I passed to the other side ... that being the whole reason for reading the blog of a Persian Princess ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I watched the elderly lady
    in her black galabeya
    lean painfully on her cane
    to take a step ~

    I wondered what she and I will be like when human holdings no longer
    separate our souls ~
    HM
    A beautiful blog

    ReplyDelete