Friday, May 27, 2011

A Travel Tuesday Friday

We are all travellers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
Robert Louis Stevenson

Today was made special with a road trip to the village of Garagous, about 30 km North of Luxor. I went with a friend I met during my first weeks in Egypt, 15 years ago and a friend of his joined us on the visit to the pottery workshop established by Jesuits 65 years ago. We all had a great time seeing their work and buying a few treasures to take home with us. It may not be Tuesday but this is definitely Garagous, and it will be featured in an upcoming Travel Tuesdays post. Stay tuned.

I came home from the trip extremely hot so I restored myself with the first bite of the chocolate-Grand Marnier ice cream that I made yesterday. I began with the recipe on the Good Food Channel but had to make a few 'adjustments' due to an absence of eggs and oranges in my pantry and, because I couldn't leave half a bar of chocolate unused, I chopped up the remaining 100 gr and added the chocolate 'chips' after it had started to freeze. Considering the alterations and the fact that I don't have an ice cream maker, I have to say that the ice cream turned out quite well. I'm sure it would be even better with eggs and orange peel. I think I must conduct further experiments in the future. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment