Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Different View

The sky broke like an egg into full sunset and the water caught fire.
Pamela Hansford Johnson

Luxor sunsets are spectacular but I fear I will bore my kind readers with too many images of that particular hour of the day. My fear causes me to find new ways to capture the majesty of the setting Sun. This evening, it shone in golden baubles in my cold Stella. 

Focusing beyond the beer, it remained a spectacular sight.

And the spectacle continued after Ra's descent. For the first time since the revolution, illumination brought the mountains of Gurna to life. Day or night they are hauntingly beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. Please don't apologize for the sunsets ! In addition to YOUR skill and empathy with the surroundings, whatever you're using to capture them performs extremely well with low light conditions.
    'Moonlight Writing' was sheer magic - keep weaving the spells !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! :-)

    I am quite happy with my little Canon PowerShot 850. Compared to the new digital cameras, it looks like an "Instamatic". Am I dating myself? Worse yet, I remember "Brownies". ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There seems to be a lot of St. Joesph rooftop shot here. That Stella must be GOOD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a beer drinker but Stella is the perfect companion on a hot Egyptian evening -- just as Nastro Azzuro refreshes me on a hot day in Italy. Interestingly enough, I can't tell you my favourite beer from the homeland . . . it is never hot enough there to entice me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete