Monday, May 9, 2011

Precious Moments

Never take anything for granted.
Benjamin Disraeli

This morning I looked out the window and spotted 11 balloons. I almost said, "Ho hum" but shook myself saying, "Don't take these special moments for granted." As a result, I spent a delightful half hour with my coffee watching the dance of the balloons.

And as a special treat, one landed in the nearby field. It was exciting to watch as the ground crew ran about, yelling instructions to one another, to make for a perfect landing. I was so glad that I took the time to enjoy the balloons.

Time is precious and I have enjoyed the weeks spent with my parents. Their vacation seemed to end very quickly as we kept running right up until this afternoon with a trip into the town to buy DVDs to back-up all the great movies and photos taken over the past five weeks. Tonight they began their long trek back to the homeland. Safe journey. Ma'asalama (Go in Peace).

1 comment:

  1. How appropriate to enjoy the balloons in the morning....a prelude to the afternoon journey.
    pmc

    ReplyDelete