Sunday, May 29, 2011

All in a Day's Work

Cat and I were awake in time to catch the sunrise . . . at 5A.M. What am I doing awake at 5A.M.??

 Having my coffee and enjoying the view. Our balcony doors have mirror glass and the scene was beautiful and peaceful. The day was crazy with all the various tasks of closing up the flat and having a couple of meetings in Luxor to boot.

I can honestly say that I worked from sunrise to sunset. I took time to enjoy the view of Ra setting behind the Theban hills. It will be a while before I pass this way again, but I think those hills get into your soul so they'll always be with me.

It's now 11:48 P.M. and I'm sitting in Cairo airport. Cat and I have a five-hour layover here before boarding the flight to Frankfurt. Tomorrow's post should come from halfway around the world, if all goes according to plan. Insha'Allah.

1 comment:

  1. Safe journeys. Can't wait to see you this fall and have introduce you to your new cousin.

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete