Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Night Lights


Looking across to the West Bank from Luxor's Corniche, the mountain glowed with floodlights. The Time Traveller had spotted the emplacements during his hikes up the mountain. It appears that at some future date, the whole mountain will be lit in a sound and light show.


The effect from our roof was pretty spectacular.


And I experienced a different sort of 'sound and light' show as the ferry docked tonight. The captain came in too fast and hit the dock pretty hard. It seems that he was relying on the directions of his 'mate' who, according to the captain's expletives, didn't know his right from his left. Ilhumdulila no one was injured.


I may have mentioned that I adore palm trees so I can't resist adding an image from my walk home.

No comments:

Post a Comment