Saturday, May 8, 2010

First Coat


Unfortunately, the results of my first attempt to paint the living room wall are not pretty. I'm not sure what I've done wrong but the whole job is splotchy. I have a call out for advice from a pro with many a church and house (including mine) to his credit; I speak, of course, of Dear Ol' Dad.

The screen over a pail worked well in place of a paint tray, which is not to be found in Egypt. Thanks for the idea Stacey! The quality of the paint brush had me cursing as I picked bristles off the wall so, as much as I remain hopeful that this job can be brought up to standard (mine!), other rooms will wait until I can 'import' proper equipment from Canadian Tire, or Walmart for that matter. It's the little things that remind me that I live in the third world. ;-)

By the way, the temperature reached 43C (109F) yet I am quite comfortable inside, thanks to the evaporative cooler and the curtains on the East balcony which stop that side of the flat from heating up. It's a good thing that the Time Traveller took those heat transfer classes in university!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is very close to the colour of our house. Freshly painted last year. Lori refers to it as the pumpkin palace. mmh. I love it.
    PMC

    ReplyDelete