Sunday, May 9, 2010

Heat Management Protocol


I don't think I've ever experienced 44C (111F) heat before. This fellow exhibits standard heat management procedures. I'm in a similar position, but inside a cool living room with a good book and a fan blowing on me. A few hardy souls are out in the field threshing grain. They did, however, position their machine under the shade of some palm trees that border the field.

And for those who are following my trials and tribulations of house painting, I can report that the wall is looking better after a second coat this morning. I should really consider yesterday's coat the primer and today's application the first coat. Some splotchy areas still exist. I'm hopeful that after a 'second second' coat tomorrow that the wall will be beautiful. :-) But first, I must go to the city to buy more paint, and that must wait until the sun's heat has abated.

No comments:

Post a Comment