Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring Fashion

Well-apparell'd April on the heel
Of limping winter treads...
William Shakespeare


This time of year brings a fashion dilemma: what to wear? The Sun is shining, daffodils and hyacinths are blooming, and tree branches have a misty green hue to them. But this colourful glow is immersed in air still hovering around a wintery 8 C. Brrrrr.  Pondering the closet options, I couldn't bring myself to wear my warm wool suits of blacks, deep purples and rusts and yet I am too sensible to wear just a light blouse. To the rescue appeared a summery scarf of pinks, blues and greens. Tied around a turtleneck I could join the daffodils in celebration of Spring and still be warm.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a flower for all seasons!

    Words of the day - now there are always two - but they have lost their metaphorical qualities - serop & atlfo

    ReplyDelete