Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Life in Stitches

What I make with my hands, I give of my heart.
Unknown

What fun can be had for $5! The price of admission to the Binbrook "Country Classics" Quilt Show even included a cup of coffee and a lovely swatch of fabric tied around a 'thank-you-for-coming' Life Saver. Each of the over 200 quilts displayed over church pews and from the rafters was unique and all were inspiring -- from the century-old 'crazy' and 'courthouse' quilts made from worn-out, old clothes to the fabulous rooster quilt recently created. I came away with so many ideas that I can't wait to get started on my next project. Each of us in our little group that spanned three generations, from novice to master quilter, enjoyed the time spent surrounded by so much beauty that had been made with so much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment