Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Soul Food

We never taste happiness in perfection, our most fortunate successes are mixed with sadness.
Pierre Corneille

I was having one of those days in which nothing goes right. After the accumulation of several computer-generated frustrations I was worn out and not very happy. Just as I was asking myself what happy morsel of the day I could possibly post on the blog, the friendly staff at Oasis CafĂ© delivered a soul-soothing bowl of Om Ali. This is the Egyptian equivalent of bread and raisin pudding. In fact, one theory for the origin of the Egyptian dessert is that an Irish woman named O’Malley made it for the Pasha . . . and he was very pleased. After the first bite, I was smiling. My question was answered.

1 comment:

  1. I think you've invented the hi-tech version of 'Smell-O-Vision' - I can taste that pudding !

    Also, regarding the down side of your day -'The best is the enemy of the good'...

    ReplyDelete