Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Full of Surprises

If we are strong, and have faith in life and its richness of surprises, and hold the rudder steadily in our hands, I am sure we will sail into quiet and pleasant waters for our old age.
Freya Stark, Adventure Traveller


Today seemed full of surprises. First I spied this egret sunning itself on a pipe that transfers irrigation water from one side of our canal to the other.


A little later, I had the surprise of seeing a camel resting under a palm tree with its saddle beside him.


And here's a surprise for you: starting today, I'm beginning a "Travel Tuesdays" special feature. I plan to travel somewhere -- maybe just around the corner, maybe further afield -- and write up my experience more fully than my normal posts. Today's excursion took me to the temple of Montu in the village of Nag al Medamud. And here's another surprise: it seems that my Travel Tuesdays features will appear on Wednesdays. ;-) I didn't realize how much time this new concept would take to implement. Surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment