Friday, January 7, 2011

Precious Dawns

However long the night, the dawn will break.
African Proverb


The new morn dawns in the homeland . . . at 8:15 a.m. When the world is still wrapped in darkness it's difficult to pull myself out from under the warm covers to begin the day. But today a sprinkling of snow on the sidewalk called me out of the house with shovel in hand. I am thankful that I am healthy; slightly over-weight and out of shape, but healthy. Ilhumdulila!


And I am grateful for the gift of a new computer that Mom and Dad presented me this morning. What a surprise! As I write this post, data is streaming from "Precious" to ???. Hmmm. What shall I call her? Stay tuned. Tomorrow's post should (insha'allah) come from the shiny new kid on the block.

3 comments:

  1. Regarding the computer...how about 'Isis' ?
    According to my investigations with the Great God Goo'gle (so it must be true) she was:
    "...associated with life, the winds, the heavens, beer, abundance, magic, and more."
    Given your recent past existence and aptitude for blogging, I reckon it's fairly appropriate :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Magic" certainly applies. "Isis" it is. That's a great name. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Healthy? Great news.....
    pmc

    ReplyDelete