Sunday, January 2, 2011

Herbal Scents

Are you going to Scarborough Fair?
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme,
Remember me to one who lives there,
She once was a true love of mine.
"Scarborough Fair", 19th century lyrics to traditional English ballad


How I wish I could share scents through blog posts. I was treated to wonderful fragrances when I opened little bags of fresh herbs. If such olfactory pleasure can come from the grocery store, imagine breathing in the bouquet from potted herbs in the kitchen window! I'm tempted to try (again) to grow little pots of herbs. I'm beyond the old love charm of parsley for lust, sage for wisdom, rosemary for remembrance and thyme for magnetism, but I do like stirring up some tasty potions. Tonight it was mushroom duxelles in puff pastry. Once I refine my technique, I'll be sure to share. Stay tuned. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment