Thursday, January 27, 2011

Peace Amid the Storm

Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm.
Anonymous


Luxor feels a long way away from the troubles in Cairo, Suez, Ismailia, and Alexandria. As I made a trip across the river, I was struck how the lives of the people seemed to be going on as normal. A young fellow helped me flag down a microbus by shouting out my destination at each one that zoomed past. Later two youngsters boarded the microbus with punching balloons almost as big as them -- obviously a memento of an exciting night out on the town. Generally speaking, the Egyptian people bear a lot of trouble with quietude. It's something that I have admired. Insha'Allah, tomorrow will be a better day.

1 comment:

  1. - good the hearing of insights spoken with understanding -

    and for todays word: esslicon

    ReplyDelete