Friday, January 14, 2011

Cradled in Hope

May God's grace be upon this shawl . . .
warming, comforting, healing, and enfolding.
May this mantel be a safe haven . . .
a sacred place of security and well-being . . .
sustaining and embracing in times of illness, loneliness or sorrow.
In receiving this shawl, may you be cradled in hope, kept in joy, graced with peace, and wrapped in love.
May you know that Melrose holds you in prayer and love, and that God's grace surrounds you always. In the name of the Risen Christ we pray. Amen.
Prayer Shawl Blessing


I was overwhelmed by the kindness and care bestowed on me by the church community in the form of a knitted shawl. How blessed I feel to be the recipient of such a thoughtful gift as I embark on the next segment of this mysterious journey called 'life'. I have taken pleasure in and benefited from their fellowship. I can only hope to give back some of the warmth, comfort and healing that I have been so fortunate to receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment