Thursday, February 10, 2011

Times they are a-changin'

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's a battle outside ragin'.
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls
For the times they are a-changin'.
Bob Dylan


This morning I had my eyes glued to old bricks and mortar in a Roman bath house. This evening I had my eyes glued to history in the making by the young people in Tahrir Square. Their positive energy is infectious as they dance and cheer. "Fear has been defeated" and I believe "times they are a-chagin'."

2 comments:

  1. ...but now the crowd might take up another Dylan ode - a few lines from 'Positively 4th Street come to mind.

    "Yes, I wish that for just one time, you could stand inside my shoes
    You'd know what a drag it is to see you..."

    ReplyDelete