Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fatima's Protection

Each misfortune you encounter will carry in it the seed of tomorrow's good luck.
Og Mandino


The Hand of Fatima protects the boats that cross the Nile. I hope it will protect the nation, although it struck me that today it appeared as a drowning hand calling out for help. I take hope from the optimism of one Egyptian friend who says he believes that reforms will happen, that good will come out of all the hurt.


Luxor is certainly hurting. I spotted only two foreign visitors along Luxor's quayside. Most have flown home and the tour boats appear to be empty.


Thankfully life goes on, seemingly unchanged, in the agricultural zone. With a feeling of deja vu I was woken this morning at 6:30 by the sounds of men cutting the sugar cane. All is quiet and calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment