Thursday, February 17, 2011

News from the Big Mango


My 'temporary' crown finally gave in . . . after seven months . . . so I'm making a quick trip to Cairo (aka "The Big Mango"), where I've heard from the Time Traveller of wonderful technology that will re-build my tooth. Stay tuned for details. In the meantime, I bring you impressions of the taxi ride from the airport. As traffic slows, flag sellers offer drivers a chance to express their national pride in three sizes.


Tanks were conspicuous around the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and Al Azhar University. I'm not sure if they are guarding something or just making a statement that they are 'on guard'. I was surprised to see so many tanks, but not fearful. Fear comes from the idea of visiting the dentist. I hate the sound of the drill.

1 comment:

  1. "Uneasy lies the head that wears the (temporary) crown"

    A.Bard

    ReplyDelete