Thursday, September 7, 2017

Volare . . . oh oh

E volavo, volavo felice
Più in alto del sole ed ancora più su
Mentre il mondo pian piano spariva, lontano laggiù
Una musica dolce suonava soltanto per me

Volare, oh oh...
Cantare, ohohoho...
Nel blu dipinto di blu
Felice di stare lassù

And I was flying, flying happily
Higher than the sun and even higher
While the world was slowly disappearing, far beneath
A soft music was playing just for me

Flying, oh oh..
Singing, ohohoho...
Blue painted in the blue
Happy to be up there

Domenico Modugno and Franco Migliacci, Italian musicians in Nel blu dipinto di blu (Volare) (1958)
 

Taking a line from Dean Martin's version of "No wonder my happy heart sings!" Boarding time is near! The Three Winos Italian Tour 2017 is ready to launch. Thankfully, our flight not yet have a red "Delayed" light beside it . . . yet. Black  clouds and rain are moving through the airport but we are comfortable in the lounge thanks to Little Bro's status. This is the way to fly . . . way up in the sky.

I grew up on Dino's Volare and love it. Check out the original Nel blue dipinto di blu with Domenico Modugno singing on Ed Sullivan's show. I am using it to improve my Italian vocabulary and so as I walk to the boarding gate I will be humming . . .

Volare, oh oh
Cantare, oh oh oh oh

A presto!
See you soon! or as I like to say, "Stay tuned!"

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful trip! I'm hoping that one day it will be a four winos tour. A girl can dream.

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’ve just given me a ‘Mel Brooks’ moment -

    How about ‘Volare as the overture to ‘Icarus - The Musical’

    Happy Sbarchi !

    ReplyDelete