Monday, September 25, 2017

Disoriented


It is a big world, full of things that steal your breath and fill your belly with fire...But where you go when you leave isn't as important as where you go when you come home.

Lindsay EagarHour of the Bees



I am home safe although perhaps not so sound. Never mind the dream last night which had me crawling on my belly through a tunnel encouraging Bro and SIL to follow to some site on the other side. (They responded with a look of incredulity and pointed out that we could walk around the barrier.)

Never mind that my morning coffee tasted bad. It wasn't a cappuccino. We won't mention that the croissant was also absent.

Never mind that the weather is more akin to July than late September with a forecast of 29 degrees today.

No, it's even the little things like trying to figure out where I store dish towels.

Jetlag and a small grain of guilt over being away from the office for three weeks has me on an earlier train, so even the morning commute seems unfamiliar.

Oh well, I will no doubt get back into my routine soon enough. Rats! :-)

A presto!


2 comments:

  1. Your writing is like a palette and you have painted us a beautiful picture of your Italian adventure. Thank you.
    Welcome home weary traveler!
    AS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the chestnut honey on the shopping list for the next trip !

    ;0)

    ReplyDelete