Thursday, September 28, 2017

Of Silk and Bows

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
Samuel Langhorne Clemens (aka Mark Twain), American author and humorist (1835-1910)

On every trip to Italy I indulge in one clothing purchase. I still wear a beautiful skirt and leather jacket bought in the '80s when I was blessed to be able to spend my summers on archaeological digs. And they bring back wonderful memories when I wear them.

Last week (was it only last week??), Bro and SIL made a little (OK, BIG) detour for me from Piazza San Marco so that I could visit the Banco Lotto 10 shop. This shop is special because it sells clothes handmade by detainees in Venice's women's prison as part of a training programme. Each item in the shop is unique and of finest quality and design.

Certainly clothes don't make the person, but my simple/elegant silk blouse makes me feel so good.

Belissima!


3 comments:

  1. What a fascinating material - it looks more like beautifully sculpted granite rather than silk - but probably more comfortable than granite !

    No doubt the sculpted effect is due, in no small part, to the wearer...

    ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am fond of granite -- maybe that's what attracted me to the blouse. And I am most happy if it gives the illusion of a sculpted body. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I have finally read through all your travels...amazing trip, filled with history, culture, indulgence, and friendship. Well planned and executd, even if GPS took you amiss. pmc.

    ReplyDelete