Tuesday, December 20, 2011

♬ I'll be Home for Christmas ♬

For centuries men have kept an appointment with Christmas. Christmas means fellowship, feasting, giving and receiving, a time of good cheer, home.
W. J. Tucker (1839-1898) in "Pulpit Preaching" 

This year I'll be home for Christmas -- unfortunately the Time Traveller isn't so lucky.

So many talented singers have recorded the song that captures the wistful sentiments of those far away from loved ones at this special time. Here is the first version recorded in America in wartime 1943.



I'll be Home for Christmas
Composed by Walter Kent, James Kimball (Kim) Gannon, and Buck Ram

I'll be home for Christmas
You can plan on me
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents on the tree


Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love light gleams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment