Monday, December 5, 2011

Gratefulness

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.
Thornton Wilder, American playwright and novelist (1897-1975)

It has been a gray, rainy day. Several times today, I looked out the window and complained about the gloom. I've had little energy and even less positive spirit. The Sun had set and the rain continued when I opened an email sent to me by a friend and watched this beautiful video by Louie Schwartzberg; and I was reminded that I am responsible for making a good day. I've made a promise to myself to try harder tomorrow.
"Let everyone that you meet on this day be blessed by you; just by your eyes, your smile, your touch; just by your presence. Let the gratefulness overflow into blessings all around you. Then it will really be a good day."

No comments:

Post a Comment