Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dressing Up

Cock your hat - angles are attitudes.
Frank Sinatra

Even when it's not your own nuptials, the prospect of attending a wedding causes a stir of excitement as it presents a rare opportunity, other than Halloween, to dress up. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Halloween, but nothing beats the confidence boost of looking smashing in a new outfit, reveling in a whole different side of my personality than my day-to-day white shirt and beige skirt persona.

I love hats so I'm thrilled that they are back in vogue thanks to the recent royal wedding. Our upcoming wedding may not be royal, but it certainly will be a momentous and festive event for the family, deserving smashing attire. I have a new dress that I can't wait to wear and this evening Mom and I transformed a simple sun hat into an unique and stunning chapeau (even if I do say so myself).

I'm thrilled with the results of our foray into millinery craft and I envision many more hat transformations in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment